Washington Legislature Remote Session Information
How to Testify During The Virtual Legislative Session
Note: You cannot sign-up to testify remotely until there is a hearing scheduled by a Committee. Remote testimony registration will close 1 hour before the start time of the hearing. If you are not registered, you will not be allowed to testify.
SIGNING UP TO TESTIFY
1) Go to the Washington State Legislature Participating in Committee Hearings page, and choose the box titled “Register to Participate Remotely During a Hearing.”
2) Then choose from House, Senate or Joint based on the Bill you are interested in.
3) Then choose the Committee and the date and time of the hearing.
4) Select the Agenda Item and then select “I would like to testify live during the hearing.”
5) You will then be asked to provide the following information:
Your Position on the Bill: Pro, Con, Other
Testify on the Bill: Yes or No
Testify as a Panel: Yes or No
Contact Information (all fields with * are required)
6) Ensure your registration information is accurate as it will be a part of the legislative record and used by TVW for online and television graphics.
7) After you have registered, and some time before the hearing, you will be emailed a Zoom link from the Washington Legislature. Each link is unique, and you are prohibited from sharing the link. You may participate via videoconference or phone.
8) Registering to testify does not guarantee you a chance to speak, or to speak at specific times. Time constraints, technical issues, changes to committee schedules, etc. could affect testimony.
PREPARING TO TESTIFY
You may likely be required to limit your comments to as little as one minute (60 seconds).
Proper meeting decorum must be maintained, including waiting to be acknowledged by the Chair before speaking. Therefore, you will need to be prepared to testify at any point during the hearing. Please listen for your name to be called.
Posted: January 12, 2021
July 15, 2020
Annual Meeting & Golf Tournament
Canyon Lakes, Kennewick